24 January 2011
The introduction of Sport England’s "Clubmark" has encouraged British Gymnastics (BG) to adopt set core criteria as its own, to enable gymnastics clubs to work towards
nationally recognised accreditation. GymMark therefore is BG's club accreditation scheme that recognises a quality club.
The key phrase for British Gymnastics is "safe, effective and child-friendly".
- The benefits of GymMark include:
- Being an excellent marketing tool for increasing membership - being able to demonstrate
that you have addressed issues such as equality and child protection, which gives
confidence to parents choosing a club for their children.
- Developing your club - the foundation for any club is its junior structure.
So, by encouraging and attracting young members, you are building a strong future
for your club. GymMark provides an excellent template for continuing club development.
- Developing your coaches, officials and volunteers - as part of GymMark,
you'll be given help and advice in developing the skills of everyone involved in your
- Raising your club's profile - once accredited, your club will be listed with
the relevant home country sports council and in other sporting directories, that
will help you attract new members and to grow.
- A reduction of 25% on club registration with BG subject to the GymMark
accreditation remaining current (England only).
For more information on GymMark, and for GymMark clubs in your area, please
look at the British Gymnastics